According to Jackson, south of the original Robinson house, along the river, was the house of William Upham in 1740, subsequently occupied by Elisha Seaverns and then Elisha Ware. William Upham was the son-in-law of William Robinson, Jr. The Walter C. Ware farm was shown in this approximate location in the 1874 Newton atlas.
In 1890, Harvey Bartlett, along with Henry C. Hall and George C. Lyon, acquired 70 acres of the former Robinson Farm, including the Forest Grove section, from the heirs of Royal M. Pulsifer (MLR 1980/222). It was bounded by Ware on the southwest, Elisha Hall on the southeast, Nathan Morse on the northeast, and the Charles River on the northwest. It appears that this land came from a farm owned by Amos Brown, Jr., in 1793 (see MLR 1479/389, 1431/237, 1421/415, 1350/292, 1147/246, 1066/296, 785/443 & 444, 241/228 (from Nathaniel Weld Farm in 1821), and 114/310). The Amos Brown Farm was bounded by the heirs of William Upham on the southwest, the Charles River on the northwest, Isaac Williams on the north, the heirs of Joseph Morse on the northeast, and Samuel Wheat and John Allen on the east.
In 1893, Harvey Bartlett opened a popular amusement park at Forest Grove. The first bridge on Woerd Avenue over the inlet to Cram's Cove had been built in 1890, and the bridge over the inlet to Purgatory Cove must have been built by 1893. The amusement park was popular enough that a street railway spur was built from Crescent Street to the park in 1895. However, in 1897 the much larger Norumbega Park in Newton was opened, and Forest Grove went into eclipse.